Yes, I know September 1st is not officially fall but it’s pretty darn close. Fall is my favorite season because it’s my birthday, anniversary and Halloween. I love Charlotte in the fall when it starts to get cool in the evening and we can sit on the porch by a cozy fire, eating s’mores, drinking red wine and watching scary movies. Truly my idea of the perfect evening. After the heat of the summer, it can’t come soon enough.
So here are the top 12 things I am obsessed with :
1. IT…. yes the movie It…. as you all know horror movies are my jam and I can’t get enough of them. They have been promoting it like crazy and I can’t wait to see it. However, Allen has refused to see it with me so I am waiting my cuz (who loves scary movies as much as me!) to come with me.
2. Along those same lines, American Horror Story, one of my favorite shows ever, is back Tuesday September 5 for its 7th season. The theme is CULT and it looks like a cross between a horror movie about deranged clowns and our latest, crazy election. I am so excited to see what Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk do with that one. My favorite, Sarah Paulson, will return once again. I have a major girl crush on her and she is a truly amazing and talented actress. And by the way, I think we had the same drama teacher in school! Eekkk!!!
3. Vacations- Allen and I get to head out of town twice this fall kid-free. Don’t get me wrong- I adore my kids but we haven’t gone on vacation without kids since December. The first trip is to Asheville next week for a friend’s birthday. She has rented an amazing house and it is sure to be a blast. Then in October we are headed to Cabo for the first time for a friend’s 40th birthday. It’ll be a great getaway for our busy fall schedule. Sleeping in, being lazy and sipping cocktails while sitting by an amazing pool sounds pretty good right about now.
4. Fall Clothes- I’m over all of my sundresses and shorts for now and I am ready for boots, sweaters, vests, coats and jeans. Layers, Layers, Layers. It really is the best season for fashion. My dream/ bucket list fall trip is to go to New York Fashion Week shows, either in the fall for the following spring or in February for fall.
5. Halloween- I love decorating for Halloween, picking out the kids costumes and making pumpkin muffins with the kids. I have entirely too many pumpkins, skeletons, ghost and spooky things but I adore getting the house and yard all decked out for the holiday. I love haunted houses too. The best one I have ever been to was in NYC called Blood Manor. Each room had a different themed room that you walked through. I was in completely heaven as I was on the ground screaming while a psycho butcher chased me with a knife through a freezer of dead meat. Crazy, huh?!? I was hoping I could head up there for a weekend next month but I don’t think it’s going to happen.
6. Fall Food- Chilis and soups are family favorite around here. They are easy, everyone eats them and they can be made in the crockpot and left to simmer all day while I get stuff done. I also love tailgating/ football food. Sliders, chicken wings, dips are a must for any big game.
7. Football- The boys are both playing football this fall and I can’t wait for the Saturday morning games. Football is my favorite sport to watch with Allen. Most of the other ones kind of bore me. I have wonderful memories of my dad taking me to Carolina games when I was young and teaching all the ins and outs of the game.
8. Real Housewives of New Jersey…. I love most of the housewives show but this one is definitely a favorite. I can’t wait to see what Teresa is up to and if Danielle is up to her old tricks! Will they be friends? Will they be enemies? Will they be frenemies? That sounds sad I know, but it completely entertains me and I don’t care.
9. Seasonal Coffee Drinks… and not the Pumpkin Spice Latte… yuck. It’s just not my thing. But I loved Salted Caramel Mochas and Chili Mochas.
10. Pumpkin and Cinnamon-scented everything. I love fall candles and soaps. It’s warm, comforting and inviting. This Nest candle and diffuser in Pumpkin Chai are by far some of my favorites.
11. Honeycrisp Apples- Some places you can get Honeycrisp at other times than in the fall but they just aren’t as good. The fall apples from the farmer’s market are delicious and become a regular snack for me this time of year.
12. Stranger Things- yet another show, I know. I promise I don’t watch TV all day everyday but it definitely is my escape. ST returns around Halloween this year hopefully picking up where it dramatically last off. Allen will watch this one with me which is another plus.
What are you obsessed with???