I absolutely love these Cauliflower Taco Bowls as a weekly dinner staple for us in the spring and summer. It’s simply a lower carb version of your basic burrito or taco bowls (and it tastes delicious!)
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 bag cauliflower rice
- 1 can diced green chilis
- 1 pound of ground beef or ground turkey
- Taco Seasoning (1/2 of a packet)
- Sliced bell pepper strips
- Shredded Lettuce
- Grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- Pickled Purple Onions (make in advance, recipe below)
- Shredded cheese (optional if you are dairy-free)
- Pico or your favorite salsa
- Hot ’N Sweet Jalapeños
- Tessamae’s Organic Habenero Ranch
- In a medium-size pan, add 2 tbsp of olive oil. Heat on low-medium.
- Add cauliflower rice. Stir and keep an eye on it stirring occasionally while working on other things.
- In another pan, add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add ground meat and cook, crumbling well as you normally would for other dishes.
- Check on rice and add 1 tsp garlic powder and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook rice until soft but not mushy. This time varies each time I make so I can’t give an exact time. Normally around 20 minutes.
- Now, work on slicing and shredding your toppings. I usually slice the avocado and add lime juice to keep them from browning.
- When ground beef is no longer pink, drain the fat/ grease off and return to pan.
- Add 1/4-1/3 cup water and a half packet of seasoning. Note: If I don’t have a seasoning packet I usually add chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
- Simmer until meat is seasoned evenly. Remove from heat and build your bowls!
- I drizzle Tessama’s Habenero Ranch over the bowl but you can use your favorite dressing.
Pickled Purple Onions
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 large purple onion, sliced thinly
- Place sliced onion in a glass bowl or a piece of Tupperware (heat-safe) with a lid.
- Add vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper to a small pot. Simmer over low-medium heat until the sugar has dissolved in the vinegar whisking occasionally.
- Remove from heat and pour mixture over onions.
- Cover and place in fridge for at least 2 hours.